Single Tooth Implant Placement
Single Tooth Implant Placement
Tinton Falls, NJ
At Premier Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, we offer a wide range of tooth replacement solutions that can replace your missing teeth with natural and attractive-looking prosthetics. Our teeth replacement solutions cater for even single missing or damaged tooth, which might not seem like a big deal – but it is. One of the most popular solutions for an individual tooth is the single implant placement.
When Is A Single Tooth Implant Necessary?
A single dental implant is an ideal solution when you are missing a single tooth, or when one of your permanent teeth is damaged beyond saving. Therefore, the treatment can be recommended if you:
Have a missing tooth
• One of your teeth is loose and close to falling out
• Have a badly decayed tooth that cannot be repaired using root canal
• Have a broken or cracked tooth that cannot be restored
• One of your teeth is badly damaged following a dental injury
• Have a previously treated tooth (root canal), which has become infected again
Advantages Of Getting A Single Tooth Implant
Getting a single-tooth dental implant can offer you several benefits. Below is a look at some of the top ones:
• Stimulation of the jawbone - the inserted dental implant helps to stimulate the jawbone, which prevents bone loss through resorption.
• Providing support to the remaining natural teeth - a missing space on your jawbone can cause the remaining teeth to start shifting, which can lead to lots of orthodontic problems. A single implant helps to fill the empty space, which provides support to the adjacent teeth, thus stopping them from shifting.
• Improving dental health - a damaged tooth - decay or injury - that is left on the jawbone can cause the damage to spread to other teeth, resulting in multiple tooth damage and loss, and damaged gum and jawbone. Extracting the tooth and replacing it with a dental implant can thus help to prevent potential dental complications.
• A lifelong dental solution - a dental implant offers a lasting solution to your damaged or missing tooth. Unless the implant fails, which is very rare, the new tooth can last a lifetime.
What Does A Single Tooth Implant Involve?
Single tooth implant starts with a diagnosis to determine if implant placement is viable. In the case where a tooth is damaged – not yet missing – tooth extraction is used to create space for the implant.
The dental implant is inserted through a surgical procedure, which is carried out under anesthesia. The procedure involves creating an incision in the gum tissue to expose the jawbone, followed by drilling a hole where the implant is to be placed. The implant (a metal frame) is then inserted, and the gums surrounding it stitched up to seal the wound.
An abutment (metal screw) is used to connect the inserted implant to the prosthetic dental crown. The dental crown is custom made based on the design of your natural teeth. The material used for the crown is ceramic, which has a natural tooth-like color. The color and the custom design of the crown thus creates the appearance of a natural looking tooth – which is barely distinguishable from your other teeth. If you have more than one tooth missing, we also offer multiple tooth implants!
Do you have a missing or damaged tooth? Replacing it using a single tooth implant can save you much trouble. Call us, Premier Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, at (732) 747-1766 to schedule an appointment today.