Do not let your fear of the dentist keep you from seeking any needed treatment to improve your oral health. Your overall health is too important to neglect due to your dental anxiety. Do not worry; you can receive dental anxiety treatment while you treat your smile! Dr. Jeffrey Zatzkin is a periodontist offering sedation dentistry in Tinton Falls, NJ.
Dr. Zatzkin and our caring staff believe you should be comfortable at all times, even before your procedure. For dental anxiety treatment, Dr. Zatzkin offers oral sedation or conscious sedation. This method involves taking a pill prior to your procedure and has several benefits, including:
- Dr. Zatzkin can perform more treatment in one sitting.
- Oral sedation is very safe.
- The pills continues to keep the patient relaxed and comfortable for several hours after the procedure.
- Very few complaints are made regarding post-procedure pain.
With oral sedation, many patients do not remember much, if any, of the procedure. It is important that you have someone to bring you to your appointment and also someone to take you home afterwards.
Dr. Zatzkin also offers Valium and Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) for your dental anxiety treatment.
Dental Anxiety Treatment Candidates Include Those Who Have:
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- A severe gag reflex
- High anxiety
- History of traumatic dental experiences
- A fear of needles
- Difficulty getting numb
- A general fear of dental offices (smells, noises, tastes)
- Limited time to finish their dental treatment
- Complex dental issues
- Severe embarrassment or fear about their teeth
Having a fear of receiving dental treatment is fairly common but no longer necessary! Take the first step to a healthier smile and seek options for dental anxiety treatment. Call Dr. Zatzkin’s office in Tinton Falls, NJ and make an appointment today.