With proper maintenance and home care, a dental implant has proven itself to be a superior alternative for long term tooth replacement. Dental implants look and function like your natural teeth, preserving bone and allowing for optimum eating and speaking with a prosthetic tooth. Dr. Jeffrey Zatzkin is a periodontist in Tinton Falls, NJ offering dental implants at his office.
Why Dental Implants Over Other Treatment Options?
There are many reasons to choose tooth implants over a partial denture or fixed bridge to replace a missing tooth, including:
- Eat the foods you love: A dental implant functions like a natural tooth and is fixed in your jaw bone. Chew with confidence!
- Preserve your jaw bone: Decay proof titanium implants fuse to your jaw bone in a process called osseointegration. The implant will continue to stimulate bone growth and keep your jaw bone from eroding.
- Do not damage adjacent teeth: Fixed dental bridges require reduction of the adjacent teeth, exposing them to possible damage and eventual loss.
- Speak confidently: Tooth implants do not slip out of place like dentures can. You will not have issues with speech sounds or slurring your words.
- Enjoy a natural looking smile: A dental implant looks and functions like a natural tooth. Your friends will not know the difference.
- New found self-confidence: Do not be embarrassed about unsightly gaps anymore. Eat what you want and smile with confidence!
With proper home care and regular exams and cleanings, tooth implants can last a lifetime without having to be replaced. While other replacement options remain successful, their maintenance and replacement can end up being more costly in the long run.
Dental implants encourage jaw health, which is vital for your overall health. Learn more about your options for a tooth implant in Red Bank, NJ and call Dr. Zatzkin’s office to schedule your consultation today!